Can you really stop a receding hairline? Learn more on how to stop a receding hairline, fix or prevent it. Generally, we will concentrate on both how to stop and ways on how to regrow a receding hairline. However, to do this, you first need to know the cause of your receding hairline before you can effectively deal with it.
If you have a receding hairline that is not completely bald, you can actually regrow your hairline back by following some of the ways we are going to discuss which will be home remedies, treatments and medications.
Since we already covered receding hairline in women in details we will not focus on it in this article. Furthermore, gender can influence method of regrowth or treatment since women might need slightly different approaches in dealing with this problem that is a bit rare in them. Finally, always check to ensure you do not lose more hair than it is normal (up to about 100 strands daily) as you groom your hair.
- 1 How to Stop or Fix Receding Hairline or How to Regrow Receding Hairline
- 2 Other Ways to Stop Receding Hairline – Prevent Hairline from Receding
- 2.1 Alcohol Free Hair Care and Styling Products
- 2.2 Combing your Hair Aggressively and Too Often
- 2.3 Avoid Harsh Hair Chemicals
- 2.4 Hair Thickening and Growth Boosting Products
- 2.5 Go for good hair styling and stop pulling your hair back especially tight pig tails, pony tails etc
- 2.6 Include Fish Oil In Your Meals
- 2.7 Use Satin or Silk Pillow Cases
- 3 Note on Herbal and Home Remedies for Receding Hairline
How to Stop or Fix Receding Hairline or How to Regrow Receding Hairline
Receding hairline can be a nightmare to both men and women. If you already have this condition, there are approaches you can use to fix it. Some of these approaches are natural remedies while others will involve surgical and medical treatment of receding hairline. We are generally going to discuss the various ways on how to stop a receding hairline effectively.
Treatments for Receding Hairline
There are many treatments that you could opt for to stop hairline from receding. Some of the common ones include hair transplant surgeries, use of laser combs, use of medications such as Minoxidil, Propecia, Rogaine and other solutions.
Some of these medications are prescription while others are over the counter medications. See more on receding hairline treatment – how to treat, cure, costs involved, Minoxidil, etc.
Home Remedies to Stop a Receding Hairline
The moment you notice this problem, there are numerous home remedies you could turn to encourage hair regrowth and stop losing your hairline further.
Some of the popular ones include massaging your scalp using essential oils such as castor, olive, neem, hibiscus, clary sage, etc. There are many others natural remedies to fix a receding hairline. See more in details on receding hairline natural treatment.
Use Hair Products to Stop Receding Hairline
Going on with ways on how to stop a receding hairline, there are also various products, marketed as capable of encouraging hairline regrowth and reducing further recession of your hairline. Try receding hairline shampoos and conditioners or those that will stop hair thinning. Some of the shampoos and hair conditioners you should try include:
- Nature’s Gate Biotin Shampoo
- Jason Hair Strengthening Conditioner Lavender
- MenScience Daily Shampoo (for Men)
Out of desperation, some people might turn to very strong shampoos or hair conditioners, hoping they will help them fix their receding hairlines. Instead go for either shampoos or hair conditioners specifically designed for this work or use gentle ones. Look for ingredients such as salicylic acid, panthenol in shampoos you are buying.
Check Your Lifestyle and Diet
Going on with ways on how to stop a receding hairline, you need to ensure you get into a healthy living habits.
Stop eating refined foods (especially refined sugar and grain products) as they have been found to worsen symptoms of hair loss. Instead, eat fresh fruits, vegetable, lean proteins, minerals and whole grains.
Furthermore, ensure your diet has enough amounts of zinc, magnesium and selenium as they help in ensuring you have stronger and healthier hair follicles. Finally, vitamin B6, E, A, C and Folic acid consumption can also help in hairline regrowth.
Something worthwhile noting is that according to Mayo Clinic, no supplement has been clinically proven to better receding hair regrowth, try various supplements such as Saw Palmetto, procerin, which helps in reducing DHT. A rise in DHT level is one of the main causes of receding hairline and hair loss.
Furthermore, ensure you exercise regularly, to improve blood circulation in your body. Of course, exercising will help you in many other ways. This couple with scalp massage, will really help in ensuring your hair follicle get enough oxygen and nourishment.
Finally, on lifestyle, stressful and anxious lifestyle can exacerbate your receding hairline. Ensure you know how to manage it or see and expert for assistance.
Other Ways to Stop Receding Hairline – Prevent Hairline from Receding
Alcohol Free Hair Care and Styling Products
There are hair styling products that often contain alcohol. Alcohol often encourages drying of our scalp which might worsen your receding hair line. Try to avoid any styling product that contains alcohol since a dry scalp can encourage hair loss.
Combing your Hair Aggressively and Too Often
Avoid combing your hair too often, especially in a backward direction as it can lead to hairs falling off thus cause a receding hairline. Furthermore, stop using very hard hairbrushes when brushing your hair.
Brushing your hair can actually help in fixing your receding hairline but it should not be overdone i.e. do not be too aggressive.
Avoid Harsh Hair Chemicals
Ensure you do not expose your hair to harsh chemicals such as bleaches, hair dyes, and other treatments They are likely to affect your already weakened hair follicles worsen or cause a receding hair line.
Hair Thickening and Growth Boosting Products
Hair thickening products will be very important in stopping receding hairline since your hair first begins to thinning before it finally turns to baldness. Try vitamins that boost hair growth too.
Go for good hair styling and stop pulling your hair back especially tight pig tails, pony tails etc
If you have receding hairline, it could be caused by the kind of hairstyles you put on. Ensure you do not wear any hairstyle that pulls your hair tightly backwards. Therefore, avoid tightly pulled back ponytails, weaves or buns. Instead, go for loose ones.
Include Fish Oil In Your Meals
Fish oil is considered good in preventing receded hairline and would it particularly help people who have noticed thinning of along their hairline. Omega 3 fatty acids are known in blocking or stopping conversion of testosterone to DHT. However, this will mean higher levels of testosterone in the body.
Use Satin or Silk Pillow Cases
Going on with ways to prevent a receding hairline, ensure you use either satin or silk pillow cases as they cause less friction when compared those made from flannel or cotton. These fabrics are preferred since they allow hair to slide easily with minimum friction. This can reduce hair loss.
Note on Herbal and Home Remedies for Receding Hairline
There are many herbal solutions to help regrow a receding hairline. These herbal solutions, often cause lesser side effects. However, most of these herbal alternative medications have not developed and tested extensively. This therefore makes them to pose a possible health danger on your scalp and/or might not help in stopping your hairline from receding further.
To conclude, looking at how to fix a receding hairline, we have covered quite a great deal. I hope among the many suggestions above on how to stop and/or how to regrow receding hairline in this article and in our other articles suggested below as further reading, you find a solution that is going to truly work for you.
Further Suggested Readings
- Best and Latest Receding Hairline Haircuts and Hairstyles for Men and Women
- Receding Hairline Treatment, Cures and How to Regrow Receding Hair
- Receding Hair in Women Causes, Treatment, Home Remedies and How to Hide It
- Receding Hairline in Men & Teenagers – Meaning, Causes and Signs
- Best Conditioner for Damaged Hair – Leave-in, Deep, Intense and Drugstore
- Best Heat Damaged Hair Repair Treatments and Fixes
- Best Hair Masks for Damaged Hair Including Homemade
- Best Treatments for Damaged Hair – Shampoos, Conditioners & Serums
- Home Remedies for Damaged Hair – Olive, Egg, Almond & Lemon
- Dry Hair Causes – Dry Brittle, Extremely, Dry Damaged and Dry Ends
- Dry Brittle Hair- Causes, How to Treat & Home Remedies
- Which Are the Best Home Remedies for Hair Breakage?
- What Are the Best Ways of Preventing Hair Breakage Menace?
- Best Hair Breakage Treatments – How to Fix or Repair Breaking Hair
- Natural Hair Breakage – Causes, Prevention and How to Stop Natural Hair Breaking
- Broken Hair – How to Repair or Fix Broken Hair
- Hair Breakage – Meaning, Best Products and African American Hair Breaking
- How do You Stop Hair Breakages Including Severe, Extreme and African American?
- What Causes Hair Breakages – Black, Crown Hair, Reasons for Breaking Hair